NADFAS Sixth form art competition
The 11th Biennial Art Competition for 6th formers in Herefordshire and Worcestershire (UK) was held at St Edmunds Hall, Malvern College in March 2005.
Sponsored by The Malvern Hills Decorative and Fine Arts Society, the competition was open to all 6th formers taking art at schools in the two counties. Almost half of the main schools in the area took part and 56 individual entries were received.
Over £1000 worth of prizes were won and the standard was high.
The judge this time was Mr Simon Manby, a practising Staffordshire sculptor, print-maker and book illustrator, who has exhibited in the UK and internationally. The organisers are grateful to Malvern College for allowing St Edmunds Hall to be used.
The award ceremony took place at the hall in College Road on Saturday morning 5th March and the exhibition will remain open to the public between Monday 7th to Thursday 10th March from 9:30am to 5pm. There is no charge for entry.
A separate prize, sponsored by Teme Valley DFAS is to be awarded for the most popular exhibit so come and see the exciting work and make your vote count.
The First prize went to Noa Griner (Malvern Girls College)
"Barbie" (No 28)
"Segments" (No 33)
The Third prize went to Boripat Louichareon (Malvern College)
"Expressive Forms" (No 5)
Voted the "Most popular" entryby visitors to the exhibition
went to Jonathan Nixon of Hereford VI Form College
"Portaiture" (No 4)
Highly Commended (in First Name alphabetical order)
- Alice Newsholme (St. Mary's Convent) - "Who Emits the Blaze?"
- Antonia Weiss (Malvern College) - "Wrapped Figure 1,2,3"
- Caroline Skinner (Holy Trinity) - "Acquired"
- Catherine Whittaker (Pershore High) - "Lost Hearts "
- Jessica Taylor (Prince Henry's) - "Natural Protection"
- Maria Cherniakova (Malvern Girls College) - "Reflection"
- Mary Duckham (Alice Ottley) - "La Defense"
- Nii Ann (Bromsgrove School) - "Still Life with fake Orange"
- Rachel Pearce (Hereford VI Form College) - "Portrait"
- Timothy Harbon (Kingsley College) - "Rough Water"